- Thou shall embrace cashless transactions
Whether you like it or not, schools are bound to go cashless. Look around, less-cash is already here. What should you do?
- Get your school website updated to accept online fees payments
- Get a swipe machine for on-campus payments by credit/debit cards
- Get ready to accept smaller payments via e-Wallets (PayTM, FreeCharge etc.)
2. Thou shall embrace mobile technology
Mobile app is the new website. The basic difference is that a website has to wait for someone to visit it, but the mobile app can create the pull by showing notifications at appropriate times. There are a bunch of free school mobile apps and some that offer great value adds for a small fees. What should you do?
- Get a mobile app to stay connected with your students and their parents; it shows that you are a high-tech smart school and the fees you ask for looks a little more justified
- Start communicating over Mobile app so that you have more control over the communication; WhatsApp groups tend to become a free-for-all fish-market where parents actually say more negative about your school than positive
- Train your teachers to use mobile apps to improve their efficiency; taking attendance on mobile app takes under 2 minutes and all reports are compiled automatically in real-time which may otherwise have taken a teacher about 10 minutes to take and compile
3. Thou shall not be held on gunpoint
You heard it right! What I mean by this is that your school brand should be as important as the teacher teaching in the class. Standardize processes and ensure that the knowledge base remains intact even when a good teacher leaves the school. Try to replicate the best processes across teachers and subjects. Make every teacher a great teacher, at least start trying.
4. Thou shall be connected to students after school
Allow Communication with teachers and students even after the class. Technology can help you with this. Allow teachers to share extra content, a couple of videos about the topic they taught in class today and some extra research work after the school. Students should be able to ask their queries to teachers even after school.
This will establish a holistic learning environment in and outside school and give your school brand a much needed shot in the arm. However, choose technology wisely which doesn’t become a menace for teachers, else they will not use them.
5. Thou shall personalize learning for students
This is the next frontier of learning and schools that can master this will not only be counted in the top schools but will also be able to charge top fees for their schools. In a 45 minute period, a teacher cannot personalize learning for each student. But after the class, with the use of technology, your school can do it. You can easily identify the toppers and struggling students based on their marks and grades and create systems to push IIT-training material or pass-book type material to each target audience respectively.
Brilliant students become even better and your overall pass percentage also improves
So what are you waiting for? Get ready to exercise (pun intended)